Movie Updates (August)
My sis, Jay, is officially Brothers & Sisters maniac. She force me to watch Bro & Sis for 3 times full series.
Here are the list of movie I managed to watch when we are not watching Bro & Sis
1. Perfume
This is a story about a guy with a special gift. He understand all the smell in the world. This story tells us his obsession for making the the best perfume in the world, which consist of 13 different smells. During his attempt to find the best perfume, he found out that human scent can be the basic ingredient for this best perfume, which is told can make people feels that they are in paradise. And the rest as you know it, he preserve scent from 13 different nice scented ladies in a town.
On his attempt to preserve the last ingredient, Jay asked me this question: do you want him to finish the task, which means the last girl will be killed, or do you want the last girl to be saved? My answer is: Of course he HAVE TO finish the task, making a perfume is an art. Why would anyone want otherwise....
2. Ratatoille
Hm... I may spell it wrongly. However, I have been pronouncing this movie as Ra-tu-tu, luckily all my fren understand it. This is about a rat, who have a very sensitive nose (dejavu...). He can smell ingredients, even poison, which is why his father make him the official poison smeller.
However, he feels that he can do something better. He wants to cook.
Then he meet with this guy, who absolutely have no talent in cooking but work as a kitchen staff. They then work together making the best food in Paris.
There is this part which is very very very much gross, where all the kitchen crew quit their job and leave the restaurant, and there are guests outside. Then all the rat, can u imagine like 500 rats filling the kitchen and cooking food for guest. Just imagine that your food is being cooked by rats. hm.... delicious.... hohoho
I like the movie, but not so much that I can recommend anyone to watch it at cinema. Most of the time I do not know what they are talking about, because they are talking using French accent, which I dont understand at all....
3. The Black Dahlia
Story about 2 classic (old time) LAPD trying to solve mysterious murder of the Dahlia, not very sure what is that supposed to mean, because my first attempt watching this movie, I feel asleep on the minute 10. The bule sipit (forgot his name) is as always so sexy. But the one I like most is Scarlett Johansen. She is very very very sexy. Actingwise she is ok, she can convey the messages thru her facial expression, and she wears very sexy tight fitting costumes. Hilary Swank is better in acting, but I am not a big fan.
However, DVD is good enough for this movie, no cinema recommended.
4. Raise the Red Lantern
Gong Li plays the role of a university student, who is sent by her mother to become the 4th mistress of a very rich merchant. As the youngest mistress, of course her husband prefers her than the other, but her arrogance brings her down to the lowest.
Every day early evening, all the wives have to stand in front of their quarters and wait for the announcement of where the husband want to spend the night. When chosen, the lantern in the wife quarter will be lit and the lady will receive special feet massage.
The movie is very slow, and lots of Chinese classic singing, because the 3rd mistress is a singer before she marry the husband, making the movie quite spooky. This lady can sing almost every morning, disturbing all other people in the house. What I like about this movie is the background songs, quite an interesting choice of song played in the movie.
Labels: Movie
There
Well I'll just feedback on Rat-ta-too-ee coz d only movie I watched from your list.Yups its a hilarious and fun to watch with great values to be learn for kids and even adult.
So Bro & sis is nice har , can watched until 3 times.Well , will try to look out for it next time I get my DVD supplies. Thx for your knd review. =)
Aza Aza Fighting @~~
the bule sipit is josh hartnett...