Smoking Elevator
I understand Singapore is a free but restricted country... hmmm... actually it's more to the restricted side . Anyway, lots of rules governing this place, the most obvious one is littering. Since I was like 10 yrs old, I always heard people saying that Singapore is th cleanest country in the world that if you caught littering you will be put behind the bar.
Other example of Singapore famous rules is the NO JAY WALKING all over Singapore or you will be fined or put behind the bar. I was the only one I kno breaking this rule and get finned for $20...
The third and latest addition to this rules is the NON SMOKING RULES. Now we cant smoke in most part of Singapore, not that I smoke.
It is not that I oppose to smoking. It is actually in the person's right if he/she wanted to smoke. However smoking in a closed area where there is a bunch a people and old people around you is very much disturbing.
This morning when I enter the escalator at my HDB area, for ur info I am at level 12, inside was an old lady with her grandaughter and another young guy. I entered confidently, basically becoz I already spray in my Burberry Parfume, not that it is connected to this story. However, at level 10 ( you must understand the elevator here do not move as fast as the one we use daily in the office) a lady came in cough at us. Then I saw in hew hand she was still holding the cigarette. OMG.... 9,8,7,6.....5....4....3.....2...........1 ... DING.... Imagine how I hold my breath with the hope of not to get lung cancer at near or far future.... It was painful. And at the end of our journey to the ground level, I cannot even scent anything of my parfume.... Hiks.... Thanks for the lady who have made my day....
Moral of this story: Pls smoke at an open area... Do not smoke when baby or children is around....Smoking is ok.... really... sometimes it looks cool... ok enuf... Kwee out!!!
Labels: Singapore 2007
There